The Shakti Tantra Couples workshops have been born out of the success of Shakti Tantra’s Women’s and Mixed programmes and from our own experiences of exploring tantra, sexuality and relationship.
“To burn with desire and keep quiet about it is the greatest punishment we can bring on ourselves.”
– Frederico Garcia Lorca, Blood Wedding and Yemma.
Shakti Tantra’s couples work combines principles and exercises from contemporary relationship theory with beautiful rituals and practices of sacred sexuality from Tantra, Native American and Taoist teachings. We feel truly honoured and privileged to be able to offer this work and our intent is to support you to acquire tools, ideas and understandings that will make a positive difference to your everyday lives. First and foremost, we create a strong container for the work to allow you both to take risks, be vulnerable, step out of your familiar behaviours and patterns and choose a different way. We will listen, support, inspire, challenge and encourage but we will not judge.
We will offer input from both a female and male perspective and explore how we can celebrate our differences rather than them being a potential battleground. As part of each workshop, we will share our own struggles and successes, invite you to experience more of yourselves and of each other and importantly, be creative and have FUN.
Upcoming Couples Workshops…
Who are our couples workshops for?
These are for couples of any age, any shape and who are at any stage of their relationship. We welcome people of all sexual preferences, couples who are exploring different relationship models and we do our best to accommodate people with physical disability. These workshops offer a great opportunity to anyone who has done a workshop from our Women’s or Mixed programmes to share the Shakti Tantra experience with their beloved. You will be working within your couple throughout the workshops.
Reasons to choose a couples workshop?
- To re-ignite the spark of their relationship, especially after or during childbirth, children leaving home, menopause, illness or significant life events.
- Yearning to experience more or deeper intimacy.
- Curiosity to find out if there is ‘more’ to sex.
- To explore the connection between spirituality and sexuality.
- Receive support with relationship or sexual difficulties.
- Personal learning and growth.
- A weekend away from everyday routines with both facilitated time and time to relax
- They have experienced a Shakti Tantra workshop and want more!
What might you gain from participating in these workshops?
- Opportunity to learn new skills and techniques for intimacy, specifically in the areas of communication, touch, pleasure and sex.
- Be inspired by & inspire other couples.
- A chance to make your relationship a priority, to make it supreme, to celebrate and explore it.
- Space and time to enjoy being intimate together.
- Acknowledgement and appreciation of each others qualities and brilliance.
“We both agree that it was definitely the most (‘conscious’) fun we’ve ever had together. We’ve both been getting lots of flashbacks through the course of today and both feel really proud of the boundaries we’ve broken through and the places we went together.”
“If you allow it, this is a life changing experience, both as an individual and as a couple.”
“If you enjoy spending money on things you love, treat yourself to spending some time on your relationship.”