Annabel and Kate are ready to take you with them on this new adventure – the Fools Journey, the courage to step into the unknown with every step.
If you want to liberate your authentic-self and say a wholehearted ‘yes’ to life you must first be prepared to fail. Join us as we learn to fail with style using a mix of clowning and tantric techniques. Over these few days, we will set aside our inner tyrant and with pleasure curiosity and imagination welcome our spontaneous and playful selves.
How we come to be holding space for fool and tantra explorers (you don’t have to know anything about to either to be an explorer by the way, as you have us, your Tantric Fool sherpas to guide your journey.)
Kate – ‘The fool teaches us not to take ourselves too seriously. When I step into fool energy I can approach life with an innocence and openness that allows life to flow naturally. I get out of my own way and having dropped my defences I am able to respond to life with a wholeheart. Magical things happen. To me Tantra and fooling are both about embracing and trusting this moment and our ability to respond to it. I studied at the Hub Mime Movement/Theatre School that was founded by members of Footsbarn Theatre Company (who then birthed Kneehigh Theatre Company) and have trained under several clowns all in the Jacques Lecoq tradition, as well as twenty years Tantra training.’
Annabel – “I remember in my early days of studying tantra back in 2005 I was painfully shy, awkward, self-conscious and frankly in my head. I’d watch others playing without inhibition and deeply silently wish I could join in – but was way to scared of making a fool of myself; how ironic! Slowly, over years of study my ‘inner iceberg’ started to melt and I found myself being a lot more spontaneous. One day, about 6 years ago now, Kate watched me walk across the floor embodying some ridiculous part of myself and told me that I was a natural clown… from that point (and blessed affirmation) I began to consciously study clowning (with Simon Edwards and Marian Masoliver and Mark Pearce from the Jacques Lecoq tradition and Daniel Hernandez, embodying the Fool archetype. I bring my embodied awkwardness, playfulness, shyness and clown courage to support you too, to embody your inner fool. It’s going to be a hoot!”
Back in April 2019, Kate Spenceley wrote about our experiences of exploring our personal clowns and you can read the blog here (really worth reading!)
- This course starts on a Thursday evening with dinner at 7pm and finishes on a Sunday at 2pm (lunch is available after the course ends and you have the option of staying for lunch, or taking it on the road with you. There is a possibility of spending an extra evening at Rosemerryn on Sunday for a cost of £30 per person.
- The ticket price for this event covers your tuition and support from our highly experienced team of teachers and assistants.
- Please note you will also need to pay £345 for food and accommodation. Once we receive your booking we will send details of how to pay this. It will need to be paid at least 14 days before the workshop starts.
- Amazing food is provded by our in house chef and with an endless supply of teas and coffee.
- Our venue is the stunning Rosemerryn Wood in Cornwall, located very close to the sea and sits within the wild, exciting and magical Cornish landscape.
- Before signing up to this workshop we ask that you agree to abide by our ethos (includes our T&Cs). You will be asked to tick a box stating your agreement before completing payment but we highly recommend that you read them before starting the payment process.
If you have any questions or simply want to speak to one of our team just drop us a message